The Social Media Executive is responsible for creating and deploying proactive activity on social media channels. This involves monitoring social channels and reviewing analytics to drive engagement, raise awareness, and deliver an excellent customer experience.
Salary Up to : £20,000
Location : Cheltenham
Full-time or part-time : Full-time (FTC until 31 July 2019)
Department : External Relations
About the External Relations department
External Relations provides intelligence and insight to inform UCAS’ strategy, and underpin the development, delivery, and improvement of UCAS’ operations, products, and services. It also maintains UCAS’ reputation, and ensures customers are able to interact with the business in a fulfilling way, while maintaining the UCAS brand.
The department is divided into three primary functions:
- Media and Corporate Communications – responsible for securing UCAS’ public reputation, and ensuring corporate communications are consistent with business strategy to internal and external stakeholders, and media.
- Strategy and Policy – deploys UCAS’ data, research, and analysis appropriately, and ensures UCAS’ strategy, products, and services are informed by market trends, through proactive engagement with governments, funders, and regulators to inform business strategy.
- Marketing and Events – ensures the conception and delivery of engaging marketing campaigns, while growing and protecting UCAS’ brand value and reputation, ensuring marketing and customer interactions are easy, enjoyable, and fulfilling
About the role
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Manage the content creation and deployment of proactive, engaging messaging across all social channels:
- Create and deliver social media messages based on popular queries, monitoring of trends, and in accordance of campaign plans.
- Identify opportunities to improve engagement and increase activity through proactive posts, including reaching out and managing relationships with influencers.
- Proactively and reactively recommend ways to enhance engagement in response to feedback, best practice, and emerging trends
- Optimise social content to reflect the unique requirements of social media channels – managing the content library and briefing in new/revised content to ensure our assets remain relevant and impactful.
- Deliver and maintain a yearly social media content calendar for all audiences and social channels, using key dates, the application calendar, and external factors to influence content and scheduling.
- Manage all blogger activity, including delivering the UCAS blog, which will involve writing informative and engaging posts, as well as liaising with guest bloggers from key companies, such as UKCISA, Student Loans Company, etc.
- Enhance and maintain regular reporting for collecting, categorising, and delivering insights about social media activity.
- Monitor trends in social media, identify audience needs, and propose new activity/campaigns to meet the organisation’s strategic objectives.
- Advise colleagues and stakeholders on social media management and best practice, often through presentations and workshops.
- Provide support as required for digital projects, to ensure the delivery of our corporate strategy, Future Focus.
Up to £20,000 with 25 days annual leave, voluntary flexible benefits, paid volunteering days, and a contributory stakeholder pension. It’s not just about the financial benefits that UCAS offers – on-site you can also benefit from our restaurant, affordable gym membership, free parking, unlimited tea and coffee, and many other perks. You’ll enjoy an exciting, agile working environment, with a vibrant culture and flexible approach to work, all of which reflects our teamwork and innovative spirit.