- 1kg Matumbo (Washed)
- 1 Onion(Sliced)
- 3 Garlic cloves(Sliced)
- 30ml Oil
- 1 Green,1 Yellow,1 Red Coloured Peppers-(Sliced).
- 2 Large Tomatoes(Chopped)
- Robertsons thyme
- 2 Tbsp Royco
1. Cook the matumbo whole for about 3 hours or until soft to your liking by simmering in water.
2. When cooked, cool the matumbo and cut into your desired shape and size. It’s easier to cut them to a uniform size when cooked whole.
3. In a suitable sufuria, fry the onion and garlic until slightly brown.
4. Add the tomatoes and cook until soft adding little water if the mixture starts sticking to the surface.
5. Add the knorr beef cubes and allow to melt for a few seconds before mixing into the tomato mix.
6. Add the peppers and cook for 1 minute, then the cooked matumbo which you should also mix into the mixture.
7. Add hot water and allow to simmer the food for 3 minutes.
8. Dissolve the royco in cold water before pouring into the simmering stew. Cook for a further 2 minutes to allow the gravy to thicken.
9. Serve hot with rice or ugali with a side of greens.
Find it interesting? Share on Facebook and Twitter.
Also give us a reaction below this post.