JOB DESCRIPTION: INTERN – PROJECT ANALYST, TATUconnect
Tatu City is part of Rendeavour, Africa’s largest urban land developer with over 30,000 acres of visionary projects in the growth trajectories of large cities in Kenya, Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia and Democratic Republic of Congo. Rendeavour’s vision goes beyond alleviating what is a self-evident problem – that of stifling urban congestion and a dearth of quality housing and commercial property in Africa. Rather, we aim to help create the infrastructure – the living and working spaces, communities, schools and hospitals – that will help sustain and accelerate Africa’s economic growth, meet the aspirations of Africa’s burgeoning middle classes, and serve as a catalyst for further urban development.
Tatu City is a 4,500-acre, mixed-use special economic zone located approximately 25 km from the centre of Nairobi. Underlying Tatu City’s design is a visionary concept aiming to shift urban development in Kenya from the familiar single node model to a decentralized urban environment.
The company is looking to strengthen its utilities function with the hiring of a Field Service Manager, WASH.
Utilities Manager / Head of Utilities
Location and Travel
Under the general direction of the Utilities Manager / Head of Utilities (and subsequently the General Manager of TATUconnect) this position will provide administrative, operational and research support to the Utilities Team in order to ensure all regulatory requirements with external parties is followed up and tracked. The Project Analyst will work closely with the Finance Team to ensure all financial models are updated and validated on a regular basis. This position is important and will also track the consumer data collection effort on site for water and electrical consumption. As time progresses the Project Analyst will closely track the implementation of the Metering and ERP solution.
Other responsibilities include:
- Update all business / financial models on a regular basis.
- Prepare all regulatory documentation for submission to entities such as Energy Regulatory Commission, Water Services Regulatory Board and Communications Authority of Kenya.
- Undertake research on the power, water and telecom sector on tariff structures etc.
- Assist the Utility Manager in implementing the metering and billing solution and ERP solution.
- Liaise with Finance to ensure all billing and reporting is aligned in age.
- Prepare and work with marcom on both internal and external communication.
- Other admin tasks
- Maintain an orderly workflow according to priorities.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, other departments, TATUconnect board, regulatory agencies, consultants and customers. Responds to requests for information and meets commitments with reasonable time.
- Conform with and abide by all written and non-written regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions; ensures conformance and conforms to all safety rules and ensures use of all appropriate safety equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned (i.e., assist property management teams and other departments as needed; participate in required training as applicable; etc.).
Hard skills and experience:
- Minimum of 1 – 2 years’ experience working as a financial analyst.
- Must have knowledge of managing financial modeling, basic understanding of how an ERP system works and research ability.
- Bachelor’s degree from a reputable institution in finance and finance modeling.
- Ability to work in a startup environment.
- Rigorous and organized approach.
- Mature, pragmatic and flexible approach, strong commercial judgment.
- Team player but comfortable working autonomously.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Hands-on, ready to roll up the sleeves.
- High energy.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Desire to live and work in Nairobi.
- Must have a customer centric approach to daily operations.
- Must be able to adapt to the needs of a start-up organisation and field challenges.
- Must have a detailed and through approach to activities.
- Must be curious and entrepreneurial in their general approach to tasks.
- Ability to understand the needs of a utilities business from a service view point and its financial impact.
How you match
Criteria provided by job poster
- Financial Analysis
- Property Management
- Water Resource Management
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Financial Modeling
- Public Policy
Level of education
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Real Estate