Lipothymia or rather fainting occurs when momentarily the blood supply to the brain is totally not sufficient. This limits oxygen circulation to the brain.
The main causes of fainting maybe:
- Low blood sugar
- Heart problems
- Standing up abruptly too fast
How to administer first aid:
- Keep the patient calm and comfortable by loosening their clothing and maybe seeking the help of a practitioner.
- To restore cerebral circulation, the lower limbs are elevated or the head is placed lower that the heart.
- Check if the patient is breathing or if something is blocking their airways.
- If the face becomes red, you can slightly raise the head and shoulders.
- If the patient stops breathing in any case, artificial respiration should be applied.
I have a great passion in writing. I get you all informed on emerging issues, a taste of different cultures and everything from news.