Role Purpose Statement
Ensure effective complaint management system and service recovery that enhances customer loyalty, encourages repeat business translating to business retention and reduction in operations cost and achievement of Revenue.
This position has the key responsibility of managing the relationship between the organization and its clientele through providing technical guidance and support in:
- Timely resolution of customer complaints; while making follow ups on compliments or suggestions to ensure business retention.
- Analysis of Customer Needs and effective communication of the same to the Business Strategy and Leadership Teams for strategy formulation and implementation.
- Customer Database Management through collation of customer information, customer profiling, segmentation and participation in the development of tailor-made services and products
- Preparation and control of service recovery budgets to ensure satisfactory compensation of aggrieved customers, while monitoring expenditures to ensure resource and Cost Management
- Analysis of consumer trends and preparation and distribution of high level customer service reports for the Business Leadership Teams for strategy formulation and implementation
- Management of the service recovery processes through constant evaluation of the existing compensation policies to ensure adherence to Group Policies and International standards and regulations by developing and implementing the Customer Service Charter and Compensation Policy.
- Identification of areas experiencing recurrent service related challenges within the business and provision of guidance and support to ensure seamlessness in service delivery
- Management of the Feedback and Service Recovery system within the entire business network.
- Development and maintenance of standards, policies and procedures for customer service and compensation
- Facilitation of data collection from the market through customer forums and meetings with customers
- Performance of Service Quality checks to customer service processes from time to time, detecting areas prone to service lapses and formulating process flow maps for various teams to enhance customer experience.
- Participation in Business projects to offer customer centric guidance during strategy formulation and implementation.
- Organizing customer forums and meetings across the business network and enhancing loyalty
- Manage presence in social networking sites including Face book, Twitter, and other similar community sites, posting on relevant blogs, and seeding content into social applications as needed
- Work with the Product development team to ensure social media tools (for ex. FB connect, Sharing buttons) are kept up to date
- Manage a blogger outreach program and build an active brand ambassador network to spread the word about the Company
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs, and analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results
- Ensuring adherence to corporate policies and statutory requirements in customer service and adoption of relevant changes as per International regulations.
- Oversee immediate Service recovery in outstations
- Improving customer service quality results by studying, evaluating and making recommendations for re-designing processes; establishing and communicating service metrics, monitoring and analyzing results in change implementation
Qualifications And Experience
- Business related Degree
- Diploma in IATA/UFTA
- 5 years progressive experience within a Commercial/Operations environment of which 2 must be at a Supervisory level
- Foreign language
- World tracer
- Technical understanding of Social Media Tools
- Must work well under pressure
- Must be able to juggle many projects simultaneously
- Exceptional Customer Relations skills
- Product and Market Knowledge
- Quality Focus
- Problem Solving skills
- Documentation Skills
- Excellent interpersonal and Communication skills
- Conflict Resolution
- Analytical Skills
Kenya Airways Headquarters
Communications & Marketing.Supervisory & Technical