1 Hour | Serves 4 | 30 prep
- 500 grams of dry Silver cyprinid
- 1 Onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 Medium sized tomatoes, sliced
- 1 Glass of Milk or Coconut cream
- 1 Freshly grated garlic
- Cooking oil
- 1 cup of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the Omena in luke-warm water.
- Boil the Omena in a pot for about 30 minutes or until soft.
- Drain but reserve the soup obtained from the boiled omena if any.
- In a large, heavy-bottomed pot heat a mixture of the cooking oil and the sliced onion over medium heat until the onions turn golden brown.
- Add the freshly grated garlic and stir gently.
- Cook for about three to five minutes in low heat while stirring.
- Add the sliced tomatoes and stir for another 2 minutes.
- Add the omena to the mixture and stir gently.
- Add either a glass of milk or coconut cream depending on your selected option.
- Add half a cup of hot water or the reserved soup obtained from boiling the omena.
- Let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Serve while still warm.