- 1 ½ kg Irish potatoes
- 3 soft and fresh three bunches of pumpkin leaves or spinach or fresh peas
- 4 cups of soft maize
- Well chopped 2 spring onions
- Liquid cooking oil
- Peel the Irish potatoes and slice them into equal halves and wash them.
- Prepare the pumpkin/spinach leaves and cut them into fine pieces.
- Mix the pumpkin leaves, maize and potatoes in a boiling pan and add water.
- Leave the mixture to boil for about 30-50 minutes till everything is fully boiled.
- Add salt for taste and leave the mixture to cook for more 1o minutes.
- Reduce the heat and mash the cooked mixture using a mwiko, until all the mixture is mixed well and form a green paste.
- Put the sliced spring onions on another sauce pan and add the liquid cooking oil, and wait until the onions turn golden brown.
- Add the mashed mixture/paste into the already golden brown onions and reduce heat.
- Serve with meat while hot for a better taste.