How can you make a difference?
The purpose of the post is to lead the team providing communication & marketing direction and support to UNICEF’s private sector partnerships, including companies, multi stakeholder platforms and philanthropic foundations. The manager will oversee the team who guide appropriate partnership visibility, messaging and branding for private sector engagement with corporate partners (Fundraising and non-financial engagement) and to manage UNICEF’s communication response around reputational risk issues linked to engaging with the corporate sector.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Leads the Partnerships Support team, ensuring all staff have clear roles and responsibilities and the client teams in Fundraising and Private Sector Engagement (PSE) are supported to achieve their goals and targets.
- Leads on the development and promotion of UNICEF’s business brand (B2B strategy).
- Provides strategic direction to team and client teams on brand, marketing and communication for corporate partnerships and engagement and philanthropic foundations and ensures the team continues to build capacity in national committees and country offices.
- Leads on implementation of marketing and communication plans for a number of high value, strategic partnerships.
- Regularly reviews the reputational risk status of partnerships and keeps the Senior Management Team and client teams informed of any changes.
- Participates in strategic discussions on direction and development of private sector partnerships and engagement, with leadership of client teams.
- Supports global, integrated campaigns and initiatives by linking to aligned corporate and philanthropic partnerships.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
An advanced university degree (Master) in Public Relations, Marketing, Communication or equivalent. Or an undergraduate degree (Bachelor) plus 10 years of demonstrated professional experience in the field of journalism, communications, external relations, public affairs, public relations or corporate communications.
A minimum of 8 years working in the field of communication or marketing including a minimum of 2 years of experience with private sector companies on communication and public relations.
A minimum of 2 years of experience in team management is mandatory.
Experience working in a UNICEF field office and familiarity with the work of UNICEF National Committees would be an asset.
Fluency in English required. Knowledge of another UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) would be an asset.
Additional information :
This position is based in Geneva, Switzerland.
The grade of this post is : P-4 (Manager), following the United Nations grading system: https://icsc.un.org/resources/sad/ss/sal201801.pdf
Please apply through UNICEF website : http://jobs.unicef.org/cw/en-us/job/513558