The successful candidate will take responsibility for the existing pipeline and portfolio, refine the investment strategy, originate new investments, build a team and introduce the management systems needed to accommodate a major capital increase.
▪ The CIO will forge a close working relationship with CDC, the UK’sdevelopment finance institutions, as well as other UK government-funded investment-related programmes such as InfraCo, GuarantCo, AgDevCo and Trade Mark East Africa.
▪ Further develop and refine strategies that maximise complementarity with these programmes avoiding overlaps.
▪ Leverage his/her own relationships in the investment and/or development finance world so as to maximise possibilities for co-funding and building sustainability.
▪ Develop relationships with the other FSD programmes across Africa, where possible leveraging their market knowledge to support origination and due diligence activities and help with investment oversight.
▪ Stay true to FSDA’s mission of achieving systemic change in financial markets in SSA countries ensuring maximum coherence & integration with FSDA’s other market-building work, & working closely with colleagues across FSDA and the FSD Network, drawing on their experience & resources
▪ Support fund raising discussions with DFID, the CIO will work with FSDA’s Theory of Change and define a persuasive development impact narrative.
Background and qualifications
- Master’s degree in relevant field either; financial, business, law, economics, international relations or communications.
- 10 years experience in corporate finance, development finance or private equity
- Ability to work with donors/investors, manage and build strategic donor/investor relations
- Experience in donor relations and sound understanding of the donor financing
landscape and processes.
- Adept in deal structuring and negotiation, valuation, financial modelling etc.
- Successful candidate will not be a “profit maximiser” by temperament but will instead be
driven by the strongly-held belief that well-functioning financial markets can play a powerful role in transforming Africa’s economies and in improving livelihoods and economic opportunities for its people.
- Relevant African experience strongly preferred
For the detailed job description, visit our website at www.fsdafrica.org, the application deadline is 21 July 2018