PREPARATION: 10 Minutes COOK: 50 Minutes SERVING: 4
- 500g minced beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup water, divided
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce pepper
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 puff pastry sheets
- Pre-heat oven at 220 degrees Celsius.
- Brown meat and onion.
- Add ¾ cup of water, bouillon cubes, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce, pepper, oregano and nutmeg.
- Boil and cover for 15 minutes.
- Blend flour with the remaining ¼ cup of water until it becomes a smooth paste; add to the meat mix.
- Let the mixture cool.
- Grease a pie dish and line with puff pastry.
- Add the cooled filling mixture; brush edges of pastry with milk or beaten eggs; put the pastry top on; press edges down with a fork.
- Trim edges and glaze top with milk or beaten eggs.
- Bake in a very hot oven, 220 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 180 degrees Celsius and bake for 25 more minutes or until it turns golden brown.
I have a great passion in writing. I get you all informed on emerging issues, a taste of different cultures and everything from news.