Responsible for sales of all lines of business products within the branch catchment. The role holder will be the responsible for branch activities.
- Co-ordinate and supervise sales of all line of Business products (through cross selling activities);
- Overall responsible for branch profitability;
- Meet the various revenue targets for all product lines as agreed with the businesses;
- Manage franchise and maintain excellent relations with independent Agents, Financial Advisors, brokers and other channels within their territory;
- Ensure branch can serve clients of all lines of business and provide excellent customer service to existing customers and prospective clients;
- Recruit and develop Financial Advisors, Unit Managers, and train various intermediaries to pursue sales of all line of business products;
- Ensure each branch can serve clients of all Line of Businesses i.e. branch has cross functional operations and customer service capabilities
- Gather marketing intelligence statistics to facilitate development of strategies to give the company a competitive advantage;
- Responsible for ensure proper credit control management in the branch; and
- General management and administration of the branch office.
Key Performance Measures
- Total Revenue (per client)
- # Products (per client)
- Branch Profitability
- Customer Satisfaction Index
- Key Talent Retention
- Persistency levels
- Success of Single Distribution within the region & branch
- % of employees achieving targets
- % FA training plans executed
- % processes re-engineered to serve the customers
- % audit recommendations implemented
- % FAs trained on all product lines
- Revenue per FA
- % Retention of high performing FAs
- Responsible for staff working under this position
- Required to liaise and work closely with the other staff members in Commercial and other Business Units
- Britam customers
- Insurance sector players
Knowledge, Experience And Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business related degree. Masters’ degree is an added advantage.
- 5-7 years’ experience in a similar position; 2-3 of which should be in a managerial capacity.
- Professional qualification in Insurance (ACII, FLMI or AIIK).
Technical/ Functional competencies
- Selling skills;
- Sales and marketing management skills;
- Customer, market and competitor understanding;
- Knowledge of insurance regulatory requirements; and
- Knowledge of Britam products.
- Deciding and Initiating Action: Ensures key departmental objectives are met, takes responsibility for decisions, actions, projects and people while focussing on achievement of departmental results; takes initiative and works under own direction; initiates and generates activity; makes quick, clear decisions with limited information available which may include tough choices or considered risks; decisions and actions takes into account possible impact on all parts of the business.
- Leading and Supervising: Provides the department with a clear direction based on the overall strategic intent of the organisation; motivates and empowers others with a clear sense of purpose; creates a positive departmental climate that fosters learning and development; acknowledge high potential talent; sets and articulates the vision and values through own personal behaviour.
- Persuading and Influencing: Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating to the benefit of the department, promotes the organisational strategy during departmental conversations; makes effective use of political processes to influence and persuade others; promotes ideas on behalf of the department; makes a strong personal impact on others; takes care to manage the department’s impression and brand on others.
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts: Works strategically to realise organisational goals within the department; sets and develops departmental strategies; identifies and develops positive and compelling visions of the department’s future potential; takes account of a wide range of issues across, and related to, the organisation; encourage others to take a strategic and long term view in terms of the department’s future; communicates the organisational strategy, vision and objectives effectively across all levels in the department.
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking: Keeps up to date with competitor information and market trends; identifies business opportunities for the department; maintains awareness of developments, changes, trends and possible risks in the department’s structure and politics; demonstrates financial awareness; ensure costs are monitored and controlled and thinks in terms of profit, loss and added value.
- Planning and Organising: Sets clearly defined departmental objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively; monitors departmental performance against deadlines and milestones.Primary LocationKenya-Nairobi-Nairobi